Friday, January 6, 2012

Mustard Coriander Curry for Two

Yay, new camera!

 Long time no blog! I did a little camera-switching over the holidays, so it's only recently that I was able to get some fresh and fancy food pictures on my computer. But now here we are, and I'd love to share with you this salmon curry I made the other night.

I began by cutting my salmon fillets into 1-inch cubes. Then I put a heavy skillet (I used cast-iron) on medium and added the yellow mustard seeds. Once they began to crackle, I put the onions in (along with the brown sugar) and sauteed them until they were golden.

Then I added the ginger garlic paste, turmeric, cinnamon, curry powder, a teaspoon of ground coriander, salt, and pepper. On top of this, I poured the can of coconut milk, then stirred all the ingredients together.


 Now it was time to add the fish! I put the cubes into the cast-iron and stirred the mixture to coat the fish. Then I allowed it to cook for 6-7 minutes, turning the fish every so often.

Meanwhile, I cooked the couscous (following the box directions, which took about five minutes.)

Finally, I ground another teaspoon of coriander over the top of the dish, then served the curry over couscous. Warm and flavorful! Perfect for the cold winter (or the occasionally vaguely chilly Louisiana winter.)

Enjoy!



Mustard Coriander Curry for Two
2 4-6 oz salmon fillets, skin removed
1 tablespoon yellow mustard seeds
1/2 onion, sliced
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon curry powder
2 teaspoons freshly ground coriander seeds
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 14-oz can coconut milk
1 1/2 cups couscous

No comments:

Post a Comment